Vesper Amplified AIS/VHF/FM Antenna Splitter w/Signal Gain
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- Ships In Less Than 24 hours
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 100% Secure Checkout
Amplified AIS/VHF/FM Antenna Splitter with Signal Gain
Many AIS splitters introduce significant signal loss, some say no loss but this unique Vesper Marine splitter is the only one that provides signal gain - improving AIS reception and increasing range. This is because the Vesper Marine splitter has a built-in low noise amplifier. This is especially important to increase the reception range from the increasing number of low-power AIS SART and MOB devices.
In addition to the amplification provided by this splitter, when used with your existing antenna you can optimize the range of your AIS transponder because the antenna is also mounted as high as possible.
Designed to work with all Vesper Marine AIS transponders including the popular WatchMate XB-6000 and WatchMate XB-8000. In addition, it has a unique on-screen VHF-in-use indicator when used with the WatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders.
Increases the performance of other manufacturers' AIS receivers and transponders too!
To simplify installation, you can share an existing VHF antenna by using this splitter. The unit removes the need for a separate VHF antenna for an AIS receiver or transponder and allows a single antenna to be shared with a VHF radio.
This is an excellent solution when it is difficult to install an additional antenna or you wish to share an existing VHF antenna and maximize your AIS range.
This Vesper Marine splitter is specifically designed for use with both AIS receivers and transponders.
You can use this splitter with an existing antenna installation that is in good operating condition. However, for an optimized AIS and VHF antenna system, choose our AIS antenna designed to be shared with VHF radios.
- AIS Sensitivity Gain: The SP160 provides amplification to the AIS signal resulting in much higher AIS sensitivity, improving AIS receive range
- Low power consumption: Very low power consumption designed to save your battery power
- Simple connections: No adapters or special patch cords are needed for VHF/AIS. Uses standard PL-259 patch cables (two 2M (6.5') cables included)
- Easy installation: Very compact and easy to install with built-in mounting flanges
- LED status indicators: 4 status LEDs (power, VHF transmit, AIS transmit, antenna quality)
- AM and FM radio connection: Provides AM/FM radio connection. An optional cable with a standard "Motorola plug" is available to make installation easy. Plugs directly into almost all car or marine stereos
- VHF-in-use indicator: VHF-in-use indicator appears on the screen of the AISWatchMate 850 and WatchMate Vision AIS transponders whenever the VHF radio is being used. This unique feature indicates when AIS traffic is delayed due to the antenna being in use by the VHF radio and is also an excellent indicator if a stuck-mic condition exists.
- Fail-safe VHF priority: VHF radio always has priority and the VHF can always transmit even if the power to the splitter fails
- Antenna quality monitor indicates if there is a problem: The unique antenna quality LED will indicate a problem with the antenna, cable, or installation
- 12 or 24 Volt supply: Designed to work with either 12 or 24 volt supply
- Waterproof: IPx7 rated. High-quality rugged construction made specifically for marine use
Note: As of July 1, 2017, the splitter now includes two 2m (6.5ft) long patch cables to go between the splitter, AIS, and your VHF radio. This provides everything needed for most installations. However, if you require a longer cable be sure to choose a high-quality marine-grade 50-ohm cable with standard PL259 plugs to go between the splitter and your AIS transponder or receiver. This should be ordered separately based on the required length. See the related products list for our most popular options
Manufacturer : Vesper
Manufacturer Part No : 010-02820-00
UPC : 0609722874205